Justin King Authors Daily Journal Article on Litigation Trends
Justin King, recognized as a leading litigation personal injury litigation attorney in the Inland Empire, took to the Daily Journal last week to publish his list of top personal injury trends that lawyers need to watch out for 2021 & beyond. With 2021 still brand-new, Justin thinks it’s vital to remember that so many of the challenges attorneys and plaintiffs will be facing are those that began in 2020, and that the dawning of a new year doesn’t mean anything to Covid-19. Attorneys will be facing new, often unprecedented hurdles to their cases.
With the swath of shutdowns and lockdowns sweeping across every imaginable industry, it’s no wonder that locations pertaining to legal processes would also be affected. King says that securing a court date itself is tricky business. With courts still “finding their collective footing”, it’s almost impossible to guarantee a date when uncertainties like new outbreaks, exposure of one of the involved parties, or state-mandated shutdowns come into play. This is one of the reasons King believes that settlements and mediation play a more important role now than ever before: because jury trials are hard to make happen in the age of Covid-19, embracing other ways of settling a case, ones less reliant upon in-court appearances, is key, and will continue to be in 2021.
With higher numbers of citizens than ever before staying home in efforts to socially distance or being forced to stay home by a move toward remote work or remote schooling, more people than ever are relying on services like Instacart and Doordash, which King believes has presented, and will continue to present, a greater number of cases to do with accidents while driving. On top of this, King believes that the number of people succumbing to cabin fever & taking to the road out of “a false sense of security” (based on the idea that because others are staying home, fewer cars are on the road) will lead to increased accidents on the road – yet another Covid-19-related impact to the legal scene in 2021.
To read Justin King go further into detail about his projected 2021 legal trends, check out his Daily Journal article here.
- Jonathan King Featured In The Western San Bernardino County Bar Association Bulletin | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland
- Fiery Accident Caused by Road Rage in Rancho Cucamonga Leads to 1 Injury
- 2 People Killed in Wrong-Way Driving Accident Involving Tesla in Ontario, CA
- Traffic Collision in San Bernardino Leads to Tragic Death
- Accident North of Rancho Cucamonga Leaves Woman Dead, Driver Arrested
- Traffic Accident in Chino Leaves 1 Dead
- Accident in Ontario Results in 1 Casualty
- Traffic Collision in Fontana Leads to Major Injury for Pedestrian
- Pomona Resident Killed in Accident on the 210 Freeway in Upland
- Suspected DUI Driver from Upland Involved in Fatal Motorcycle Accident
- Two People Fatally Injured in Traffic Accident in San Bernardino, CA