Accident North of Rancho Cucamonga Leaves Woman Dead, Driver Arrested
Rancho Cucamonga, CA (January 19th, 2022) – According to the California Highway Patrol, a female driver lost her life and two other individuals sustained injuries in a single-vehicle accident that happened on Tuesday, January 18th, on Mount Baldy Road.
The deceased victim has been identified by the medical examiner as 28-year-old Janet Hernandez.
A California Highway Patrol news release states that the accident happened around 11:30 p.m. north of Shinn Road on Mt. Baldy Rd.
In the release, California Highway Patrol Officer J. Garcia states that a 30-year-old resident from Los Angeles was behind the wheel of a Toyota Camry at the time of the incident. The driver, Oscar Pineda, was reportedly driving at unsafe speeds for the slick roads provided by the rainy weather. It is believed that the road conditions coupled with the driver’s reckless driving allowed his vehicle to veer off to the right until the vehicle collided into a dirt berm. The vehicle ultimately overturned.
According to reports, the female victim was seated in the rear, right-hand side of the vehicle. She was unfortunately pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver of the vehicle along with another passenger were both taken to a local hospital for treatment. The two men reportedly sustained minor injuries. It is said that only the driver was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
Oscar Pineda was ultimately arrested under the suspicion of driving while intoxicated and causing injury and death along with vehicular manslaughter. According to inmate records from the San Dimas Sheriff’s Station, Mr. Pineda has been detained in place of a $100,000 bail.
Anyone who witnessed the single-vehicle car accident or has additional information concerning the accident is being asked to contact the California Highway Patrol, Officer Garcia.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), single-vehicle accidents were the cause of over 50% of traffic-accident-related deaths. Many of these accidents are caused by speeding, but they can also be caused by a number of other factors.
A recent study released by the U.S. Department of Transportation states that fatal single-vehicle accidents occur because of run-off-road incidents that happen in great part due to rural or curvy roads, bad weather, insufficient street lighting, or reduced speed limits. They also happen because people are driving while under the influence of a substance, driving while distracted, or driving while sleep deprived.
The agency also reports that distracted driving, driving while under the influence, and reckless driving are major factors in single-vehicle accidents involving motorists under the age of 24.
Single-vehicle accidents can cause damage to people’s vehicles and property but they can also cause serious injuries that could lead to high medical expenses and the inability to return to work and make a living. Single-vehicle accidents can lead to run-off-road incidents, which may lead to catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, or even death.
If you were injured in a single-vehicle accident while as a driver or as a passenger in someone else’s vehicle, you will need to take immediate action and seek the legal guidance and support of a well-versed personal injury attorney who has experience in handling these cases.
Many people fail to recognize how common single-vehicle accidents are. Sadly, thousands of Californians experience these accidents every year. Although these accidents can happen as a result of reckless driving, drivers can also find that these accidents can happen through no fault of their own. A common example of this is when the accident occurred because of a defect in the vehicle.
After you have been injured in a single-vehicle accident, a skilled personal injury attorney will help you investigate the cause of your accident, ensure all potentially culpable parties are held responsible for the damages and will advocate for your right to the highest compensation available.
For more than a decade, the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King have advocated on behalf of those injured as a result of another’s negligence. Attorney King takes great pride in offering tailored representation, aggressively advocating for his clients’ right to maximum compensation. Through the years, Attorney King has represented clients in a variety of complex traffic accident cases, including single-vehicle accidents.
Whether you were the driver or a passenger of a vehicle involved in a single-vehicle accident in which you were injured, take immediate action and consider contacting the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King. Call the dedicated law firm today or schedule a complimentary consultation by completing the online contact form here.
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland
- Fiery Accident Caused by Road Rage in Rancho Cucamonga Leads to 1 Injury
- 2 People Killed in Wrong-Way Driving Accident Involving Tesla in Ontario, CA
- Traffic Collision in San Bernardino Leads to Tragic Death
- Accident North of Rancho Cucamonga Leaves Woman Dead, Driver Arrested
- Driver Responsibilities and Liabilities in the State of California
- Traffic Accident in Chino Leaves 1 Dead