Injured in an Accident? Here’s Why You May Want to Hire an Attorney
If you have been involved in an accident where you sustained serious injuries, it is critical to seek the legal support of a skilled personal injury attorney who can help you fight for your right to compensation. Although obtaining monetary compensation will do little to restore your grievances, it will help you alleviate the financial burdens that are typically associated with a bodily injury.
Why Legal Experience in Personal Injury Cases Matters
Personal injury claims in California are oftentimes complex cases that demand the legal support of a skilled and qualified personal injury attorney. Many claims are riddled with legal hurdles that only an experienced attorney will be able to identify and adequately strategize for. Moreover, an experienced attorney will have the skills necessary to vigorously fight for your right to a fair monetary settlement.
The Law Offices of Justin H. King is exceptionally experienced in the field of personal injury cases. Attorney King has vigorously fought for the rights of those who have been injured as a result of another’s negligence, which has resulted in millions of dollars in monetary restitution for his clients. After sustaining an injury caused by negligence, experience in legal representation matters; contact the Law Offices of Justin H. King today for a free case evaluation.
An Attorney Can Help Determine the Validity of a Personal Injury Claim
In a personal injury claim, there are four distinct components that are needed in order to prove negligence, which essentially demonstrate that the defendant is responsible for the injuries. When building a strong personal injury claim, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- The accused party had a legal duty to behave responsibly toward you under the circumstances;
- The accused party breached the duty of care through an action inaction;
- The actions of the accused party are the primary cause of the incident; and
- You sustained injuries as a result of the accident caused by the actions of the accused party.
A well-versed personal injury attorney can help you build a fortified claim that will demonstrate the defendant’s liability. You should know, however, that determining liability is a difficult process and even with the ability to demonstrate one party to be at-fault, that party may not be entirely at-fault for the accident. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the case, it is possible that the defendant is only partially responsible for the accident, which is possible through California’s comparative negligence law. Attempting to avoid responsibility is the biggest defense for any defendant, which can ultimately result in the defendant’s ability to circumvent paying a full settlement for the damages caused.
Comparative negligence can, however, offer victims other avenues of recuperating compensation. In some cases, multiple at-fault parties can be named in the personal injury claim, and this can ultimately result in the ability to recover full compensation. A skilled personal injury attorney will be able to identify the potentially liable parties and strategize the best legal course of action that will have the best results for the client.
Insurance Companies Actively Work Against You. A Proficient Attorney Will Fight For You.
It is common knowledge that insurance companies will do what is in their power to avoid a payout or undermine the case entirely. After suffering an injury, particularly in the event of an auto accident or other circumstances that require you to seek compensation from an insurance company, it is essential to seek the support of an attorney before contacting the insurance claims adjuster. A personal injury attorney will be able to represent your case through the following:
Helping you when you are outmatched.
Insurance companies, especially large ones, have large teams of expert attorneys and other professionals who will work aggressively toward paying you as little as possible after an injury. They will attempt to undermine your case as much as possible, which can affect the amount of compensation you receive. Hiring a skilled personal injury attorney will help ensure that your case is rightfully heard. An attorney will make sure that you obtain the full amount of compensation possible.
Guiding you through the legal hurdles.
Personal injury claims are notoriously complex. Depending on the type of case, there are different deadlines that must be obeyed. Based on California’s statute of limitations, most cases have up to two years from the time of the incident to file a claim, however, other cases only allow six months. After suffering a personal injury, it is critical to act quickly and seek legal representation as soon as possible. The sooner a skilled attorney can help your case, the easier it will be to build a strong case.
Additionally, personal injury cases often involve recent changes in the law. Without the legal support of a well-versed attorney, it may be difficult to know what news laws can affect your case. For instance, claims involving rideshare companies have recently seen multiple changes in law in just the past few years. These recent changes in law affect a victim’s ability to recuperate financially.
Brining you a peace of mind.
After suffering an injury in an accident, your health is of utmost importance. Allowing a proficient personal injury attorney represent your case will allow you to focus on healing rather than complex legal issues. With the support of a knowledgeable attorney, you will feel at ease in knowing that you are equipped with an attorney who vigorously fight to ensure that you are getting the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Protect Your Rights, Consult the Legal Support of a Well-Versed Personal Injury Attorney
If you sustained injuries following an accident caused by another, your ability to obtain compensation may be difficult. Nonetheless, financial restitution is critical in helping you through the healing process. In order to obtain the maximum amount of compensation available, seek the legal support of a skilled and experienced personal injury attorney.
The Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King is exceptionally skilled in the field of personal injury cases. The firm specializes in cases involving accidents caused by negligence and work vigorously to defend the rights of their clients. If you were injured in an accident caused by another, protect your right to a fair settlement; contact Attorney Justin H. King today for more information.
Categories : Personal Injury Misc.
- The Importance of Exploring Different Types of Accident Cases and the Lawyers Specializing in Them | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Key Factors for a Successful Accident Claim | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Emotional Toll of Personal Injuries | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Significance of Having Legal Representation When Seeking Compensation for Injuries | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- How Long Do You Have To File a Claim in California After an Accident/Injury
- Super Lawyers Honors Justin H. King as a 2022 Rising Star
- Important Elements Required in Personal Injury Claims: “Breach in Duty” Overview
- Important Elements Required in Personal Injury Claims: “Duty of Care” Overview
- After a bike accident, your priority should be your health
- Important Elements Required in Personal Injury Claims: “Causation” Overview
- Injured in an Accident? Here’s Why You May Want to Hire an Attorney
- Personal Injury Claims in Southern California – A Procedural Overview
- California Rules and Regulations for Sleepy or Drowsy Truck Drivers
- How JUMP Electric Bikes Are Treated in the State of California
- Electric Scooters and the Implications They Have on Personal Injury