Electric Scooters and the Implications They Have on Personal Injury
A trip down Melrose Avenue and it is evident that electric scooters are the latest, most demanding form of transportation in sunny southern California. As electric scooters have increasingly made their way to local neighborhoods across the state, it has become obvious that they pose an imminent danger to those who utilize them.
As popular as they have become, electric scooters have proven to be, at times, very dangerous for the people who ride them. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury resulting from the use of an electric scooter, seek the legal advice of an experienced personal injury attorney. As an injured victim, you have the legal right to file a claim, which can help you recover financially. A skilled attorney can help you understand your rights and how to protect them in the event of an electric scooter accident.
The Phenomenon That Has the Potential to Cause Catastrophic Personal Injury
The accessibility of rented electric scooters is new for many Californians and many enthusiastic users lack the training or skill to adequately and safely use these scooters. Unfortunately for many riders, their inexperience will usually will lead to a personal injury.
According to data compiled by UCLA Medical Center, approximately 250 people were treated for injuries resulting from electric scooters within a one-year time frame. Of those injured people, the data showed that about 30 percent of them arrived by means of ambulance; which clearly indicates the gravity of the user’s injuries.
Compelling Data of Electric Scooter Injuries
The following facts highlight some of the most compelling elements showcased in the data: Approximately 80 percent of accident victims suffered injuries after a fall, About 11 percent of accident victims suffered injuries resulting from a collision, Almost 10 percent of the individuals who were treated were struck by a moving vehicle such as another scooter, bicycle, or car.
Other findings demonstrated the following: Non-scooter riders also suffered injuries which includes approximately 8 percent of the injured individuals who were struck by an electric scooter rider or otherwise suffered a trip over a scooter, only 4 percent of the riders were recognized to be in use of a helmet while utilizing an electric scooter, amongst those who were treated for their injuries, approximately 5 percent were under the influence of alcohol, 40 percent of those who were treated suffered head injuries, 32 percent of those who were treated suffered fractures, among the 15 individuals admitted to the hospital, 2 of them were treated in the hospital’s intensive care unit.
You Have the Legal Right to File a Claim for Your Injuries
When a new product is sold, or in this case rented out to the general public, many consumers fail to recognize the hazards associated with the product. Although many municipalities will make an effort to enforce public safety, products can often be made available faster than the time it takes to regulate them.
It is safe to say that it is always wise to utilize a sense of attentiveness and care with respect to testing new products, especially those that involve its use alongside pedestrians and other moving vehicles. Finally, it is always wise to use the product’s recommended usage. In the case of the electric scooter and under current California law, a rider who is over the age of 18 can elect to use a helmet while in use.
Unfortunately even with due diligence, accidents are inherent to the use of electric scooters; therefore, if you or someone you know has been injured as a result of an electric scooter, seek the legal counsel of a knowledgeable personal injury attorney who has experience in pedestrian law.
Attorney Justin H. King is highly experienced in the field of pedestrian accident cases. If you have been injured as a result of an electric scooter, you have the legal right to file a claim; seek the proficient support of an attorney who will champion on your behalf.
Categories : Personal Injury Misc.
- The Significance of Having Legal Representation When Seeking Compensation for Injuries | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- How Long Do You Have To File a Claim in California After an Accident/Injury
- Super Lawyers Honors Justin H. King as a 2022 Rising Star
- Important Elements Required in Personal Injury Claims: “Breach in Duty” Overview
- Important Elements Required in Personal Injury Claims: “Duty of Care” Overview
- After a bike accident, your priority should be your health
- Important Elements Required in Personal Injury Claims: “Causation” Overview
- Injured in an Accident? Here’s Why You May Want to Hire an Attorney
- Personal Injury Claims in Southern California – A Procedural Overview
- California Rules and Regulations for Sleepy or Drowsy Truck Drivers
- How JUMP Electric Bikes Are Treated in the State of California
- Electric Scooters and the Implications They Have on Personal Injury
- How a Pre-Existing Medical Condition Can Affect Your Personal Injury Case
- Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in the State of California
- Auto Accident Claims: Filing Police Reports