Traffic Accident in Chino Leaves 1 Dead
Chino, CA ( January 10th, 2022) – According to the California Highway Patrol, on the early morning of Monday, January 10th, officers responded to an auto accident north of Grand Ave., on State Highway 71 in Chino.
Based on police reports, the accident happened just after midnight. The circumstances leading up to this accident are unknown at this time. However, upon their arrival, first responders found the victim deceased. 27-year-old Valerie Mejia of Los Angeles was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed pending a preliminary investigation and while emergency crews worked to clean the road.
There is no further information available regarding this case. The Chino Police Department is requesting all those with information to contact the authorities.
The pain and emotional trauma caused by the sudden and unexpected death of a loved one can be extremely overwhelming. Sadly, families involved in a wrongful death case can suffer great economic distress, both soon after their loved one’s passing and in the months and years that follow. The losses can include financial burdens, such as the victim’s hospital bills accrued prior to his or her passing, loss of wages and future income, funeral costs, and more. It goes without saying that the despair grieving family members endure is incalculable.
When a fatal auto accident is caused by someone else’s criminal actions, reckless behaviors, or negligence, the victim’s relatives can pursue a wrongful death claim to hold the liable party responsible.
A wrongful death happens as a result of another party’s negligence and in the State of California, the deceased’s survivors can seek monetary compensation for the losses incurred from the deadly accident from the at-fault party. It is important to note that not every accident will result in a wrongful death case, although many are. Depending on the facts of the case, whenever a party fails to take reasonable care to avoid harming another person, the failure can inflict injuries that could have been prevented had it not been for their actions. Consequently, whenever negligence leads to a person’s untimely death, this is what is known as wrongful death.
Under California law, specific family members can pursue a negligent party for compensation through a wrongful death claim. These claims are civil lawsuits and are separate from criminal cases. When fault can be proven in a wrongful death claim, the plaintiff in the case will be awarded a damages award. On the contrary, a criminal case sets out to punish the responsible party for his or her criminal actions. It should be noted, however, that these two types of cases can sometimes overlap, especially when a person has died as a result of the defendant’s actions.
Contingent on the facts of the case, a successful wrongful death claim can award the plaintiff monetary compensation for the victim’s medical expenses incurred prior to the passing, burial costs, funeral expenses, loss of wages, loss of future earnings, loss of the relationship, loss of companionship, emotional distress, and more.
In California, a wrongful death claim can be successfully proven when the following elements can be established: a) a person died; b) the fatal injury was caused by negligent or intentional harm, and; c) the plaintiff is suffering economic hardship as a result of the death.
If you have recently lost a family member in an auto accident caused by another’s reckless or negligent actions, speak to a well-established auto accident attorney who can help. A qualified litigator will ensure the case is thoroughly investigated, will collect all of the necessary evidence, and will fight for the highest compensation available. An established attorney will ensure the at-fault party is held responsible for their actions.
The Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King can explain what your rights are as a grieving family member and can guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit so that you obtain the justice you and your family deserve. For more than a decade, Attorney Justin H. King has pursued justice for auto accident victims and their families through resilient and aggressive litigation. If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, consider obtaining the legal support of the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King so that you can learn more about how you can win the wrongful death lawsuit. Do not attempt to navigate the complex legal process alone. Instead, hire an attorney who understands the intricacies of the law, the legal process, and will aggressively pursue justice on you and your family’s behalf. Contact the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King today to schedule your free case evaluation.
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland
- Fiery Accident Caused by Road Rage in Rancho Cucamonga Leads to 1 Injury
- 2 People Killed in Wrong-Way Driving Accident Involving Tesla in Ontario, CA
- Traffic Collision in San Bernardino Leads to Tragic Death
- Accident North of Rancho Cucamonga Leaves Woman Dead, Driver Arrested
- Driver Responsibilities and Liabilities in the State of California
- Traffic Accident in Chino Leaves 1 Dead