Pomona Resident Killed in Accident on the 210 Freeway in Upland
Upland, CA (January 8th, 2022) – Medical examiners have identified a man who lost his life in a multi-vehicle accident in Upland on Tuesday, January 8th.
The victim, Anthony Drapeau, age 44, was killed in the accident that happened just after 1 a.m.
The accident happened on the eastbound lanes of the 210 Freeway and reportedly involved an unspecified number of vehicles. Unfortunately, despite the life-saving measures performed by first responders, Mr. Drapeau lost his life. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The multi-vehicle accident remains under the investigation of local authorities. The identities of the other drivers and passengers involved have not been made public.
Multiple vehicle accidents happen frequently across Southern California due to the sheer volume of traffic along major roads and freeways. With millions of vehicles traveling these roads each year, avoiding an accident can sometimes be inevitable.
In the State of California, an injured person can obtain compensation from the party who caused their injuries as a result of carelessness, intentional wrongdoing, or negligence. Unfortunately, when multiple drivers are involved, identifying the culpable party can be complicated.
When multiple vehicles are involved in an accident, “finger-pointing” usually happens, which makes it difficult to settle the case without extensive litigation in order to ferret out the cause of the accident and what legal responsibilities are involved.
When it comes to establishing fault in tort liability, the State of California is considered a “comparative fault” state, which means the court will award damages to claimants in accordance with their degree of fault. When the claimant is found to be partially at fault for causing his or her own damages, the court will reduce the award by the percentage the claimant was found at fault. In alignment with the comparative fault rule, all parties involved in the accident can be held accountable for their share in causing the accident and consequently, causing the victim’s damages.
Depending on the facts of the case, a successful multi-vehicle accident claim can award a victim compensation for his or her damages, which include economic and non-economic damages. Generally, economic damages include all financial debts the victim has incurred as a result of the injuries caused by the accident. These can include hospital bills, loss of income, loss of earning potential, at-home nurse care, rehabilitation, and more. Non-economic damages awarded to a victim can include but are not limited to emotional distress, loss of quality of life, scarring and disfigurement, and trauma.
Determining who is responsible for an accident involving multiple vehicles can be a very difficult and strenuous process, especially since fault can be shared among several drivers. For one, the vehicle that commenced the chain reaction may not be the vehicle that injured the victim. Depending on the case and the number of vehicles involved, it is likely that there will be multiple incident reports and a variety of witness statements who will not agree on how the accident happened.
In a traffic accident involving multiple vehicles, it is also likely that multiple insurance policies will be involved. There is a positive side to this, however. The opportunity to receive maximum compensation is likely when there are multiple parties involved. Sadly, dishonest insurance companies will use multi-vehicle accidents to their advantage. They will try to take advantage of any confusion and use this as an excuse to dispute, delay, or outright deny the victim’s accident claim.
Multi-vehicle accidents in California are common, but any claims that follow an accident can quickly become challenging. If you or someone you love was recently hurt in an accident involving several vehicles, discuss the case with an established auto accident attorney who is well-versed in these difficult cases. An attorney with the right experience will understand how to handle the investigative process, secure critical evidence, and champion for maximum compensation.
At the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King, the goal is to help you maximize your damages award and your standard of living. For more than a decade, the Law Offices of Attorney King has represented injured clients facing an array of challenges as a result of someone else’s negligence and wrongdoing. The law firm understands the difficulties victims face and how filing an injury claim can be placed on the back burner. When it comes to an auto accident claim, however, taking immediate action is critically important. To ensure you receive the highest amount of compensation available to you, speak to an attorney who will strongly advocate on your behalf. Consider scheduling your free consultation with the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King today.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland