Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in the State of California
If you have been involved in an auto accident in the State of California, the collision can lead to various unwanted circumstances. Many auto accident victims can suffer permanent injuries as well as the inability to earn an income. This article will highlight some of the most common reasons why an auto accident can happen. It is important to be aware of these reasons in order to help prevent yourself from causing and accident as well as protecting your rights if you have been the victim of an accident.
For more information on how you can protect your rights following an accident, seek the expertise of a knowledgeable personal injury attorney. Speaking to an attorney can help you in the event that you have been injured because of a negligent car accident. Furthermore, a skilled attorney will represent your rights and help you file a personal injury lawsuit, which could help you recover financially for your injuries.
Reason #1: Distracted Driving
The utmost common reason why an auto accident will happen is because of distracted driving. This may come as a shock since a simple distraction is not always a criminal act. Some of the reasons why a motorist may become distracted while behind the wheel can include the following: Looking for an address, Reading a billboard, Looking for an out-of-reach object, Eating, Putting on makeup or grooming, or using a cellphone.
An auto accident that happens because of a simple distraction can take mere seconds to occur. If you are driving in a place where another accident has happened or there is some other form of distraction, be sure to reduce your speed and be mindful of drivers who may not be paying attention to the road.
Reason # 2: Excessive Speeds
An auto accident that involves speeding can cause serious bodily harm. California drivers are commonly known to be busy, and sometimes rushing to reach their next destination. Unfortunately, driving at excessive speeds gives drivers a limited amount of time to react and prevent an accident from happening.
Reason #3: Driving Under the Influence
Individuals who choose to drink and drive lose their inability to function properly. Driving while under the influence of an intoxicating substance is dangerous and has the potential to cause harm to the driver as well as other innocent victims.
Reason #4: Reckless Driving
There are many situations that could cause a driver to be impatient, but driving recklessly has caused many auto accidents in the State of California. Drivers who choose to disobey street signs can cause reckless accidents, which have the potential to result in casualties.
Reason #5: Weather Conditions
Bad weather in any state can cause low visibility, which could in turn cause vehicle accidents. In California, however, even slight rain has the potential to cause accidents. This can happen, in part, because drivers do not allow sufficient space to allow for hydroplaning or skidding situations.
Protect Your Rights: Seek the Expertise of a Knowledgeable Personal Injury Attorney
As a driver, you always want to work toward preventing an accident from happening whenever possible. As vigilant and careful as you are, however, you cannot always predict the actions or inactions of the other drivers you share the road with. When an accident happens, it is important to act swiftly and seek the legal expertise of a proficient attorney who can help you safeguard your rights. As an injured victim, you could obtain financial restitution for your grievances.
Attorney Justin H. King is highly experienced in the field of personal injury cases involving auto accident law. Attorney King has helped many auto accident victims recover financially following an accident. If you are considering filing a personal injury claim for your accident, act swiftly; claims in California are strictly time sensitive.
Categories : Personal Injury Misc.
- Hidden Injuries to Look Out for In the Aftermath of an Auto Accident
- An Overview of Medical Treatment after an Auto Accident in California
- How a Lack of Awareness in Your Injury Can Affect the Value of Your Auto Accident Claim
- Potential Causes of Self-Driving Auto Accidents in California
- How to Deal with a Dog Bite When it Happens in the City of Ontario
- What to Do If You Have Suffered a Burn Due to the Carelessness of Another
- Personal Injury Claims: Construction Accidents
- How to Seek Compensation Following an Uber or Lyft Auto Accident
- Justin H. King Honored by Inland Empire Magazine
- Justin H. King – California Super Lawyer
- I was injured in a recreational activity operated by a business, but I signed a release of liability before participating. Do I still have rights?
- Avoid Social Media – Personal Injury Lawsuits
- File a Personal Injury Claim After Suffering an Injury Because of a Dangerous Intersection
- How Much Does A Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga Charge
- How to Select an Attorney When You Have Sustained a Personal Injury In the Aftermath of an Auto Accident