Fontana Traffic Accident Leads To the Fatal Injuries of a Motorcyclist
Fontana, CA (November 16th, 2020) – A motorcycle rider was fatally injured by a hit-and-run driver on Monday morning in Fontana, authorities reported.
The collision transpired around 9 in the morning as the rider was traveling near the intersection of Arrow Blvd. and Locust Ave., Fontana Police Officer Anderson said. At this point, a white vehicle struck the rider, causing the motorcyclist to go down. The rider of the white vehicle then made a U-turn, going north on Locust.
The investigators at the Fontana Police Department have reason to suspect that the rider may have been hit a second time, although it is unclear if the rider was struck again by the same vehicle or another driver on the road.
The motorcyclist was transported to a local hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries. Presently, there is no further information being reported.
Many people realize how dangerous a car accident can be, but few can conceptualize the gravity even the slightest motorcycle accident can be. When compared to other vehicles on the road, motorcycles offer almost no protection for riders. As a result, any motorcycle accident can have serious consequences. When a rider survives an accident, it may be very difficult to overcome the serious injuries typically associated with motorcycle accidents.
One of the most devastating injuries a rider can sustain is a traumatic head injury. Although a motorcycle helmet can offer invaluable protection, it does not completely prevent serious injuries. Head injuries are serious and they require immediate medical attention. Unfortunately, certain severe head injuries can sometimes be difficult to detect.Depending on the severity of the injury, a traumatic brain injury can result in temporary or permanent memory loss, difficulty learning, speech impairment, loss of vision, and other neurological disorders.
Road rash is a unique injury that affects riders who are thrown off their motorcycle in an accident. Once a rider has been thrown off the motorcycle, the rider can slide across the ground leading to burn-like injuries and conditions such as foreign objects being embedded in the skin and pus coming from the wound. Like burn injuries, road rash can require skin grafts, which is a surgical procedure that requires the removal of skin of one area of the person’s body to cover the overexposed affected area. When a serious skin injury occurs, such as road rash, the possibility of sustaining permanent damage to the skin tissue and nerves in the surrounding area of the injury is possible.
A final common devastating injury a motorcyclist can sustain in a car accident is a spinal cord injury. According to an online spinal cord injury information page provided by the National Institute of Health, spinal cord injuries are caused by a traumatic blow to the spine, which dislocates or fractures the vertebrae. These injuries rarely sever the spinal cord, but they usually hinder the signals that are transported from the brain to the rest of the person’s body. Depending on the severity of the injury, it may be possible to suffer from medical conditions, such as difficulty in breathing, bladder functionality, and the ability to move certain body parts.
Spinal cord injuries rarely result in short-term medical treatment. For the most part, they not only result in disability, they also tend to lead to serious financial hardship for the victim and his or her family.
The State of California recognizes the severity and dangers of motorcycle accidents, as a result, the personal injury laws of the state allow injured victims the opportunity to seek financial compensation when they have been injured as a result of another’s negligence. Financial compensation could be obtained for medical expenses, loss of employment, emotional distress, and a loss in quality of life.
If the victim perished as a result of the accident, the victim’s survivors can seek compensation by filing a wrongful death claim on behalf of the victim.
For over a decade, Attorney Justin H. King has tirelessly represented injured riders who have been seriously harmed as a result of another’s wrongdoing and negligence. Attorney Justin King understands the difficulties and challenges often faced by injured motorcycle riders. As a result, he works diligently to ensure his clients obtain the compensation they need in their recovery.
If you or someone you love has recently been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to obtain the support of an experienced and skilled attorney you can depend on. Consider scheduling a no-obligation consultation with Attorney Justin H. King. Call (909) 297-5001 or fill out the online contact form today.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland