Two-Vehicle Collision Results in a Single Fatality in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Rancho Cucamonga, CA (June 7th, 2020) – On early Sunday morning, one person was fatally injured and another sustained non-lethal injuries following a tragic traffic accident in Rancho Cucamonga. According to authorities, the deadly collision involved two small passenger vehicles at around 3 a.m. on the intersection of Base Line Road and Haven Avenue.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department has reported that a 1996 Lexus sedan traveling northbound on Haven Avenue collided with a 2016 Kia sedan heading westbound on Base Line Road. At the time of the report, there were no known reasons behind the collision, however, the collision did cause the Kia sedan to burst into flames. Unfortunately, the male driver of the Kia was inside the vehicle when the vehicle combusted.
Firefighters responded to the scene of the accident and worked to put out the flames, nonetheless, the driver inside the Kia was pronounced dead at the scene. The name of the victim was not yet reported pending notification of his family.
The driver of the 1996 Lexus was identified as 35-year-old Shea Pinney of Rancho Cucamonga. He was transported to the hospital in unknown conditions. The fatal accident remains under investigation and anyone with information is asked to contact local authorities.
Motor vehicles are dangerous for many reasons, including their ability to combust upon collision. Auto makers and engineers recognize this danger, and therefore put considerable time and effort to engineer reasonably safe fuel systems. Unfortunately, every motor vehicle continues to run the risk of catching fire. When a motor vehicle catches fire, a complete and thorough investigation should be conducted. Even when the auto accident involves multiple vehicles, design defects in the vehicle should always be considered.
According to data published by the National Fire Protection Association, automobile fires resulted in nearly 500 civilian deaths in 2018. Additionally, the agency reports that fires in highway automobiles resulted in 1,300 injuries. In a vast majority of these incidents, the automobile fires were caused as a result of a gas tank defect or other faulty fuel system. Since automobiles are largely powered by a combination of complex electrical and mechanical systems, auto makers and dealers alike have a legal responsibility to ensure the automobiles they sell are reasonably safe for those who purchase their vehicles. When automakers and dealers fail to meet this standard of care, these companies can be held accountable when a vehicle catches fire and injures a driver.
Defective gas tanks have the potential to catch fire in a collision, but there are also other notable defects that can cause a vehicle to combust in an accident. Some of these defects include short circuits, spilled flammable fluids, faulty anti-siphoning devices, electrical system failures, poorly-designed auto batteries, and overheating catalytic converters. When an auto defect results in the injury of an unsuspecting driver, the driver has the legal right to seek compensation from the automaker or dealer.
After a fiery accident, it is possible a victim can sustain a broad range of catastrophic bodily injuries. A victim can sustain severe burn injuries, which are some of the most painful and debilitating injuries a person can sustain. When a victim suffers third-degree burns, he or she can require extensive medical treatment and can potentially face life-long medical issues. When seeking compensation from a negligent automaker or auto dealer, a victim may be able to recover damages that include medical costs, long-term treatment, disfigurement and disability, the loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, and the loss of quality of life.
If you or someone you love was injured in a fiery car accident, it is critical to seek the legal support of a knowledgeable personal injury attorney. Auto accidents that result in combustion demand a thorough investigation that only a professional and experienced attorney will know how to handle. Moreover, a proficient attorney will understand how to establish a strong case against the responsible party, including what is needed to obtain a full monetary compensation.
For more than a decade, Attorney Justin H. King has prevailed on behalf of many clients who have been severely injured in auto accidents caused by another’s negligence. Attorney King understands that in most fiery auto accidents, victims are likely to face life-long challenges, including disability, pain and suffering, and financial distress. As a result, Attorney King advocates aggressively on behalf of injured victims, helping them seek a maximum compensation from the responsible party. After a serious auto accident, obtain the legal support of an attorney you can count on. Consider obtaining the proficient legal services of Attorney Justin H. King and schedule your no-obligation consultation today.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland