Two People Are Injured in a Fiery Collision in Upland, CA
Upland, CA (August 26th, 2020) – Two drivers have been hospitalized after suffering bodily harm following a fiery crash Monday night in Upland. The accident occurred on August 24th around 10:30 p.m. on the intersection of 8th Street and Euclid Avenue.
According to authorities, a Ford SUV and a Ford Mustang collided for what are unknown reasons. Upon collision, the Ford SUV slammed into a utility box, prompting the vehicle to catch fire. Firefighters and paramedics quickly responded to the scene of the accident, putting out the blaze caused by the accident. For a brief moment, the intersection was closed.
Paramedics attended to both drivers involved and medical personnel transported both drivers to a local hospital with unspecified injuries. The names of those involved are not being disclosed as authorities continue to investigate the accident. The cause of the accident remains unknown at this time.
Each year, thousands of car accidents result in fatal and non-fatal injuries across the country. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 36,560 traffic accidents that resulted in fatal injuries in 2018. An additional 2,710,000 people sustained non-fatal injuries in the same year. In California, the Office of Traffic Safety reports that 3,563 people lost their lives in traffic accidents in 2018.
Depending on the severity of the accident, including the speed of the vehicles involved and where the vehicle sustained the brunt force of the impact, car accidents have the potential to result in very serious injuries. For many victims, a car accident that takes place in a span of just a few seconds has the potential to change the trajectory of their lives.
One of the most devastating injuries a person could sustain in a serious car accident is a traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injuries can vary from mild to severe. The severity of the injury will depend on many factors, including the degree of impact sustained, where the brain was impacted, and whether or not the victim suffered prolonged oxygen depletion or unconsciousness.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the economic costs of a traumatic brain injury was estimated to be approximately $77 billion dollars in 2010. Among the many consequences of a traumatic brain injury, when a person suffers a brain injury, it is likely that he or she will face serious economic hardship. Depending on the extent of the injury, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and other forms of long-term medical care will be necessary. Aside from financial loss associated with medical care, victims also face economic hardship as a result of a developed disability. Traumatic brain injuries can cause immobility as well as cognitive disability, which usually means victims are unable to return to work following an injury. Whether the injury resulted in a permanent or temporary disability, the reality is that victims face a loss of income.
Another catastrophic injury a person can suffer in a car accident is a burn injury. Although burn injuries in car accidents are not relatively common, they do occur. Catastrophic burn injuries can present a variety of complications, including chronic pain, loss of sensation at the site, disfiguration, and even a loss of limb. Medical treatment for a catastrophic burn injury can include applying a skin graft on the area that has been affected.
Unfortunately, burn victims are almost always prone to serious infections. Additional medical complications can include organ damage and other serious life-threatening conditions. For a vast majority of catastrophic burn victims, living with the disfigurement and scars of a burn can not only be difficult but emotionally traumatic as well. A burn victim will have to adjust to a different lifestyle, and will usually be left with the inability to continue doing the activities he or she once enjoyed.
If you or someone you love was recently involved in a serious auto accident and sustained a catastrophic injury, it is empirical to seek the legal guidance of a well-established personal injury attorney. Catastrophic injuries have the potential to affect many areas of a person’s life. Fortunately, the State of California recognizes the impact a catastrophic injury can have on a person. Consequently, the state allows victims the opportunity to seek monetary damages by filing a personal injury claim against the party that caused the accident. Discuss your case with a knowledgeable attorney to ensure you obtain the compensation you deserve.
The Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King has built a reputation for working tirelessly on behalf of injured car accident victims. For more than a decade, the law firm has successfully represented victims who have been injured as a result of another’s negligence. Consider contacting the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King today for a no-cost consultation today.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland