Two People are Fatally Wounded in Multi-Vehicle Accident in Fontana
Fontana, California (July 7th, 2021) – On the late afternoon of Saturday, July 7th, two people lost their lives in an accident involving four cars in Fontana, according to reports from the San Bernardino County Fire Department.
The multi-vehicle collision happened shortly before 3 p.m. on Sierra Ave. at Ramona Ave. between Foothill Blvd. and Baseline Ave.
The Fontana Police Department reports that a total of three people were rushed to local hospitals.
Police have stated that shortly before the accident happened, the department was notified of a vehicle traveling at extremely high speeds on southbound Sierra Ave.
The vehicle in question was a green-colored Ford Expedition. The vehicle eventually moved onto a northbound lane and collided with a smaller red sedan transporting four individuals. Two people who were in the red sedan, later identified as a mother and daughter, were fatally wounded in the accident. The other two people in the red vehicle were rushed to the hospital in serious condition.
The Ford Expedition driver was also transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
There were two other vehicles involved in the accident and the passengers of those vehicles did not require immediate medical attention.
Sierra Ave. was closed off for a period of time while authorities conducted an investigation. No further information regarding this accident is available at this time, however, authorities are asking anyone with information to contact the Fontana Police Department.
In the State of California, drivers have a legal duty to drive in a safe and responsible manner. Unfortunately, there are many drivers who operate their vehicles recklessly, thereby placing others in serious danger. When a driver makes the decision to operate his or her vehicle in a reckless and aggressive manner, the consequences can be devastating for those around.
Based on the state’s Vehicle Code §23103, reckless drivers are defined as those who operate their vehicle with a willful or deliberate disregard for the safety and wellbeing of those around them. Driving recklessly can involve a myriad of decisions and behaviors, all of which typically disobey traffic laws. Common examples of reckless driving can include tailgating, speeding, driving while intoxicated, making illegal lane changes or turns, failure to yield the right of way, driving while distracted, and street racing.
When an innocent person is struck by a reckless driver, he or she can suffer injuries that range from cuts and abrasions to more severe injuries, such as amputations, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and internal organ damage.
While many auto accidents are based on the theory of negligence, when it comes to reckless driving, demonstrating the driver’s responsibility for the accident can be established through his or her deliberate and intentional behavior or negligence per se. This intentional conduct is typically one that happens voluntarily, where the person understands that there is a potential for serious consequences, such as driving while under the influence.
Also, since negligence per se includes breaking the law and a violation of the state’s Vehicle Code on reckless driving, other drivers, passengers, or pedestrians who were also injured may have the opportunity of establishing responsibility by relying on this theory. Still, pursuing a claim can be a challenging endeavor when there is insufficient evidence demonstrating the party’s actions. With skilled legal counsel, however, holding the reckless driver accountable for the accident can be possible.
For over a decade, the award-winning attorneys at the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King have fought for the rights of those who have been severely injured in car accidents across Southern California. The firm strongly believes that drivers who operate their vehicles in a deliberately reckless manner should be held responsible for their actions when these actions have led to the injury and harm of another. With many years of dedicated experience, the firm has represented many clients in a variety of auto accident cases, including those caused by reckless driving.
The Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King understands that suffering a serious injury can be an incredibly overwhelming experience, as it can lead to a plethora of life-long changes. Through compassion and dedication, the firm is prepared to lead each case with a superior level of service and representation.
If you or a loved one was recently injured in an auto accident caused because of another driver’s recklessness, consider obtaining the proficient support of the Law Offices of Attorney King. The firm has the knowledge and resources needed to successfully pursue accident claims against aggressive and reckless drivers. With a thorough investigation, the firm is set to help you obtain the highest compensation available to you. Consider obtaining the support of the firm today by calling (909) 297-5001 or complete the online contact form here.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland