Single-Vehicle Accident Claims the Life of Young Driver in Fontana, CA
Fontana, CA (August 21st, 2020) – On early Friday morning, a 21-year-old woman lost her life in a car accident in Fontana, authorities said. The California Highway Patrol responded to the accident which occurred at 12:08 a.m. on San Bernardino Avenue.
According to the CHP, the young driver was heading eastbound when, for unknown reasons, the Honda Accord she was traveling in crashed into a concrete structure. She was subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Details about the collision, including her identity are not readily available. The collision continues to be under investigation by the California Highway Patrol Inland Division.
Single-vehicle accidents rarely garner as much attention as multi-vehicle accidents do, but this does not mean they do not happen frequently. According to data gathered by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, there were 1,956 single-vehicle collision deaths in California in 2018. Based on the report, 55 percent of all accidents were single-vehicle accidents.
Single-vehicle accidents happen for many reasons, including driver misjudgments. When the accident is caused as a result of another’s negligence, however, the injured driver or his or her surviving family can seek monetary compensation for the damages accrued. By filing a civil case, the victim can hold the negligent party accountable for his or her wrongful actions.
One of the most common reasons behind single-vehicle accidents caused by negligence is mechanical failure. The parts that control a motor vehicle’s operations can fail at critical moments, which may cause a sudden accident. Unfortunately, determining liability in a mechanical failure accident can be difficult to ascertain, as there are many parties that can be involved in the maintenance of a vehicle. Determining liability for a mechanical failure can depend on multiple factors, including whether the company responsible for the failure knew or should have known about the potential of a mechanical failure. Additionally, establishing liability can also depend on whether the malfunctioning part was manufactured, designed, or marketed in a defective manner. Common auto-part failures that could lead to auto accidents include tires, brakes, steering wheels, and air bags.
Another prevailing reason for single-vehicle accidents are inadequately maintained roads and highways. Generally, government agencies are responsible for designing and maintaining public roads in a condition that can allow vehicles to travel safely. Nonetheless, dangerous conditions can arise that can place drivers in danger of a serious accident. For instance, the failure to warn for an upcoming sharp turn, excessive potholes and road deterioration, along with obstructing road debris can lead to an accident. When an auto accident is caused as a result of a negligent government agency, a claim can be filed against the agency within six months of the accident.
Finally, most auto accidents are caused as a consequence of other reckless drivers. When a motorist is driving while under the influence, driving while distracted, or is speeding, he or she can inadvertently swerve into an unsuspecting driver. To avoid being struck by a negligent driver, a person can swerve and end up in a single-vehicle accident. When this occurs, the negligent motorist can be held accountable for the injuries and damages accrued by the victim.
Single-vehicle accidents are very dangerous and result in thousands of lives each year. Although single-vehicle accidents can be caused by reasons such as adverse weather conditions or animals running across the road, they are generally caused as a result of another’s wrongdoing. In the State of California, any car accident victim that is injured as a result of another’s negligence has the legal opportunity to file a claim against the wrongdoer for damages. When the single-vehicle accident driver is fatally injured, his or her surviving family members can seek monetary compensation from the at-fault party by filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
The Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King are aggressive in the pursuit of justice for those who have been injured as a consequence of another’s negligence. For more than a ten years, the law firm has pursued complex cases against careless drivers, companies, and government agencies. The Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King understands that single-vehicle collisions can be extremely stressful for victims, especially when facing the possibility of having to pay for the damages themselves. As a result, the law firm is tenacious in pursuing maximum compensation for injured accident victims. If you or someone you love was injured in a single-vehicle auto accident in Fontana, obtain the legal services of the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King. Consider scheduling a no-cost consultation with the law firm today.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland