Potential Causes of Self-Driving Auto Accidents in California
If you live in southern California, you know that it is likely that your work commute will involve a great deal of traffic. Fortunately for many, new technology is steadily improving traffic and roadway congestion. Modern cars now involve features that were once a thing of imagination. One of the greatest milestones in auto design is that of the self-driving vehicle. For the meantime, these types of vehicles are only available to those who can pay the hefty price for them. Nonetheless, if you live in an area that deals with heavy traffic zones, it is likely that you will be exposed to these vehicles, and the potentially less engaged drivers.
Recent Safety Concerns Involving Innovative Automated Vehicle Features
Like many other automobile companies, Tesla continues to push the boundaries of what is possible yet safe in the automobile industry. Recently, the company rolled out a beta feature known as Smart Summon. This new amenity allows motorists the ability to demand an unoccupied vehicle to start and move itself at low speeds, all through the use of an app. The Smart Summon feature uses the car’s Autopilot sensors in order to self-navigate, steer, brake, and accelerate.
Upon its release, however, many users quickly found out that the feature was far from ready to be released to the public. Many Tesla owners found their vehicles unable to carry out the function, some vehicles crashed, and other owners had very close and dangerous calls with pedestrians. These issues have caught the attention of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration who has now opened an investigation on the safety of the Smart Summon feature.
While there have been no reports of injury caused by the Smart Summon, Tesla has been involved in numerous civil lawsuits that involve deadly car accidents. One of which a teen died as what the plaintiff claims was burn injuries caused by the vehicle’s defective battery.
Your Safety In a World of New Automated Driving Systems
Whether you are the owner of an automated vehicle or not, it is important to understand that while a vehicle is self-driving, you still have rights in the event that you are injured by one of these vehicles. Here, we will cover some of the most common causes of self-driving auto accidents.
If you have been injured as a result of a self-driving vehicle, you have the legal right to seek financial compensation for your injuries. Consider speaking to a qualified attorney who can guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit. Personal injury claims in the State of California are time sensitive. If you are a victim, seek legal support as soon as possible.
The Law Office of Attorney Justin H. King is a well-recognized law firm that has many years of dedicated experience in the field of auto accidents. Attorney King understands that laws concerning vehicles are ever changing, especially when it comes to Automated Driving Systems. Because of the fluctuations in legislations regarding these vehicles, it is important to consult a skilled personal injury attorney when involved in an accident. Contact the Law Office of Attorney Justin H. King today for a free case evaluation.
New and Improved Technology Does Not Represent Perfection
Although technology can be of great service to millions of people, it is an amenity that is far from perfect. If you own a cellphone, for example, you will know that your call can be dropped if you happen to be at the wrong place. If you own a computer, you know that your hard drive can crash at any time and for the slightest and often unknown reason. All computers are susceptible to getting malware and viruses. They are also susceptible to outsider hacks. Despite the on-going and everlasting upgrades, technology is yet to sustain flawlessness.
Automated vehicle companies are equipped with technology engineers and scientists that serve to enhance existing technologies and create innovative systems. In spite of this, there is a proportionate number of bad guys looking to exploit weaknesses in all forms of new technology.
In regard to public safety within new technology, automobiles are no exception to the lack of perfection in technology. Unfortunately, even self-driving vehicles are vulnerable to many of the similar forms of technology malfunction. For instance, research indicates that self-driving cars can also be hacked. If a self-driving vehicle has the inability to stop because of a computer malfunction, the consequences can be devastating not only for the passengers of the vehicle but to others nearby as well.
When it comes to self-driving vehicles, although many buyers will be lured to purchase the vehicle based on its modern technology, drivers are still required to be attentive to the road. A driver who has fallen asleep while the vehicle was in motion may be held liable for injuries caused by the vehicle. If you were injured as a result of a driver who was careless, seeking legal support can help you obtain monetary compensation for your injuries.
File a Personal Injury Claim for Your Grievances
Even with new and improved technology, self-driving vehicles are no exception to auto accidents. With new technology, filing a personal injury claim can become more complex, as it becomes more difficult to understand what party can be held liable for the incident. If you have sustained injuries because of a self-driving vehicle, seek to obtain proficient legal support from a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Filing a claim in the State of California is time restricted; even if you have a valid claim, surpassing the state’s statute of limitations can invalidate your case. For a strong case that can help you obtain the financial compensation you deserve, speak to a skilled attorney as soon as possible.
Attorney Justin H. King is highly experienced in the field of auto accident claims. He is dedicated to helping those who have suffered injuries as a result of careless drivers. If you have sustained injuries as a result of a reckless driver, obtain the legal support of a skilled attorney.
- The Importance of Exploring Different Types of Accident Cases and the Lawyers Specializing in Them | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Key Factors for a Successful Accident Claim | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Emotional Toll of Personal Injuries | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Significance of Having Legal Representation When Seeking Compensation for Injuries | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA