One Person Fatally Injured in a Multi-Vehicle Accident in Ontario
Ontario, CA (October 18th, 2020) – Authorities report that one person was fatally struck on Sunday, October 18th following a collision that took place in the 60 Freeway in Ontario.
The collision unfolded shortly after 12:30 a.m. and involved a motorist who authorities claim was traveling at very high speeds. Upon approaching a construction zone on the freeway, the drive became unable to stop his vehicle on time and crashed with a car that resulted in a multi-vehicle accident. The chain-reaction involved two more vehicles.
Following the collision, the reckless motorist attempted to flee the scene by getting out of the car and jumping over the median. As he attempted to run across the eastbound lanes of the freeway, he was struck and killed.
The 60 Freeway was closed for several hours as investigations took place. Fortunately, no one else involved in the accident sustained serious injuries. Authorities believe that drugs and/or alcohol may have been a factor in the accident.
The cause of the accident remains under police investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact authorities.
Although this multi-vehicle accident resulted in minimal injuries for most of those involved, not all multi-vehicle accidents have the same consequences. Additionally, while this accident involved an easily identifiable responsible party, a vast majority of multi-vehicle accidents will be a challenge to identify the liable party.
Multi-vehicle accidents are essentially rear-end collisions, where one vehicle fails to come to a complete stop before striking the vehicle in front. These accidents can result in serious injuries, especially when a vehicle is struck by another who is traveling at very high speeds.
One of the most common injuries involved in multi-vehicle accidents is whiplash. The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke define whiplash as a soft tissue injury to the neck. These injuries are characterized by the number of symptoms that follow the injury. Whiplash can include injury to spinal cord discs, intervertebral joints, cervical muscles, nerve roots, and ligaments. Although the injury may be apparent soon after the accident, it can also be delayed for several days.
Whiplash can become a serious injury when it involves abnormal symptoms. Depending on the extent of the injury, a person can suffer somatic, psychological, or cognitive conditions that can include concentration impairment, irritability, nervousness, fatigue, depression, sleep disturbance, or memory loss. When the whiplash is severe, it is possible that a person can suffer a spinal cord injury, which can affect his or her mobility and may cause permanent disability.
Another common type of injury people can sustain in multi-vehicle accidents is a facial injury. Facial injuries can result in excruciating pain, can require extensive medical treatment and reconstructive surgery. Even when a car is equipped with seatbelts and well-functioning airbags, a person who is involved in a severe multi-vehicle collision can still suffer facial injuries. Facial injuries in a car accident can occur when a person makes direct contact with an deploying airbag, is ejected from the vehicle, or hits the steering wheel upon impact.
The severity of a facial injury will depend on the degree of impact where serious accidents can result in facial deformities, permanent scars, burns, and fractures or broken bones. Facial injuries often result in embarrassment, emotional distress, and can cause depression. Injured victims tend to lose self-esteem, and this can lead to a negative effect on their personal relationships.
As previously mentioned, multi-vehicle accident cases can be challenging, particularly when the at-fault driver is difficult to ascertain. Nonetheless, multi-vehicle accidents tend to lead to catastrophic injuries and obtaining compensation is necessary. After an accident most victims will require extensive medical treatment, be unable to return to work, and undergo pain and suffering. As a result, fair compensation will help to pay for medical expenses and associated out-of-pocket costs. After a multi-vehicle accident, obtaining the legal assistance of a knowledgeable and experienced attorney will ensure a full compensation is secure.
Attorney Justin H. King has over ten years of dedicated experience handling complex multi-vehicle accident cases. He understands that these types of cases usually demand a thorough investigation. Attorney King understands what key evidence is needed to build a strong case and is prepared to aggressively advocate on behalf of his clients.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a multi-vehicle accident, seek the legal support of an attorney you can depend on. Consider scheduling a free initial consultation with Attorney Justin H. King. Call (909) 297-5001 or fill out the online contact form today.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland