Multi-Vehicle Accident in Chino Leads to 1 Fatality
Chino, CA (August 26th, 2021) – A tragic accident occurred on the morning of Thursday, August 26th when a multi-vehicle accident resulted in the death of one person.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the multi-vehicle accident happened on the 60 Freeway, east of Mountain Ave. in Chino. The fatal accident happened around 7:44 a.m.
Based on reports, the drivers of a Mazda 3, a Ford F-150, and a work truck collided with one another for unknown reasons. Upon collision, the involved vehicles blocked all eastbound lanes of the 60 Freeway.
Paramedics were rushed to the scene with reports of at least one person having difficulty breathing. The San Bernardino County Coroner’s Office indicated that at 8 in the morning, one individual was confirmed deceased at the scene.
According to preliminary investigations, an adult female driving in the Mazda 3 was traveling on the freeway’s eastbound lanes when she struck the Ford that was in the No. 3 lane of the 60 Freeway. The impact ultimately caused the Ford to veer to the left and collide with a second older model Ford traveling in the carpool lane. This caused the older model Ford to overturn multiple times. The driver of this vehicle was ejected from the truck.
The overturned vehicle came to a final rest on the eastbound No. 2 lane of the 60 Freeway. The driver of this vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
The California Highway Patrol did not identify the person who lost his or her life in the accident, pending notification of next of kin. The age and city of the deceased victim have also not been released by authorities. Further, it is not yet known how many other people suffered injuries in the multi-vehicle traffic accident.
Investigators continue to seek the cause of the collision. Anyone who witnessed the accident or has further information about this case is being asked to contact the California Highway Patrol.
Multi-vehicle accidents happen when three or more vehicles are involved in the same accident. Often, these cases are the result of a series of rear-end collisions caused by the force of the initial accident between two vehicles.
With many congested highways in the state, multi-vehicle accidents are common in California. Unfortunately, these accidents can have serious consequences. Depending on the force of the initial impact, a multi-vehicle accident can result in severe whiplash, brain trauma, spinal cord injury, internal bleeding, broken bones, and even death. Aside from physical pain and discomfort, injured victims can face a lifetime of challenges in their personal lives, including emotional trauma, economic hardship, and a loss of quality of life.
Since multi-vehicle accidents involve multiple parties, injured victims often have a greater chance of recovering a higher damages award. As a result of the state’s pure comparative negligence law, each party involved in the accident can face responsibility for the percentage they have been found at fault.
In order to establish liability in a case, injured victims must prove that: a) the accused driver owed him or her a duty of care; b) the accused driver violated this duty; c) the driver’s negligence led to the accident; and d) the victim suffered injuries and losses as a result of the accident.
Determining fault in an accident involving multiple parties can be challenging. For the most part, the driver who initiated the accident will be held responsible for the damages caused. Liability can be established by proving that the responsible party breached his or her duty of care which usually comes in the form of a traffic violation. This can include driving while under the influence, aggressive driving, and driving while sleep-deprived.
Multi-vehicle accidents require a full investigation of the case, including a thorough review of video surveillance, speaking to witnesses, a review of the police report, and an assessment of the victim’s medical records. If you or someone you love was injured in a multi-vehicle accident, speaking to a well-versed personal injury attorney will ensure all potentially liable parties are held accountable for the losses you have incurred. With proficient legal representation, you may be able to receive the highest compensation available.
For over a decade, the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King has successfully represented injured car accident victims. The law firm prides itself on proficient legal representation, ensuring their clients receive maximum compensation for their damages. To schedule a no-obligation consultation with the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King, consider calling (909) 291-5001 or complete the online contact form here.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland