Is it better to hire a local attorney?
If you’ve been injured in an accident, hiring a lawyer to help with your claim and getting you the compensation you deserve can be overwhelming. It’s essential to take time and consider this decision’s different aspects. One of those things that people often question is whether it’s better to hire a local attorney or one located further away. Understanding how this affects you in finding legal representation best suited for your particular case needs is essential.
Let’s dive into this issue to clarify which route might work best for you!
Why you might want to consider hiring a local attorney:
If you have an injury case, such as an auto accident case, your lawsuit will be filed in one of two places:
- The municipality where the accident happened or,
- The municipality where the defendant lives
Typically these accidents happen in the area where the defending party lives. So if you’re involved in an auto accident and, let’s say, you live in San Diego or Los Angeles or San Francisco, but you are involved in an accident in Riverside or San Bernardino County. Lawyers who regularly practice in Riverside or San Bernardino County and have relationships with the judges and the court system there, I believe, are more likely to get you a better result. Does that mean a lawyer from San Francisco or San Diego can’t handle your case? Not necessarily. They may be perfectly capable of doing that. But all else being equal, I think you’re better off having a local attorney who knows the judge who will be assigned to your case and has credibility with that judge.
How to find the best local attorney for your needs:
When selecting a personal injury lawyer, you should feel comfortable with that lawyer. If you have a personal injury case, you should choose a lawyer who only handles personal injury cases. You don’t want to walk into the offices of a divorce lawyer, a criminal lawyer, or a family law lawyer. All lawyers are very specialized, and it takes a lot of time and effort to become good at what they do. Finally, you should look at the lawyer’s case results and what they have done for other clients. You can determine that by the verdicts and settlements they have gained for similar cases, usually posted on the lawyer’s website. You can look at the reviews on Google, Yelp, and Avvo written by the lawyer’s past clients. What have past clients said about them? If those reviews talk about the lawyer being honest and dependable, that is the kind of personal injury lawyer you want in your corner.
If you have a legal issue, choosing a lawyer familiar with the local area and, especially, one with good relationships with the local judges and court system is essential. This will give you the best chance of getting a favorable outcome.
If you have any further questions, feel free to call us today. We would be happy to help you. Learn more.
The Law Offices of Justin H. King – Local San Bernardino County Accident Attorneys
Our firm is based in Rancho Cucamonga, a city in San Bernardino County – one of the largest counties in California, with a diverse geography and population. With its bustling cities, winding mountain roads, and sprawling rural areas, there is no shortage of opportunities for car accidents to occur. However, certain areas within the county tend to see a higher rate of crashes than others.
One of the most dangerous areas for car accidents is the 10 Freeway, which runs through the heart of San Bernardino County and is a major hub for commercial trucking and commuting traffic. Intersections in cities such as San Bernardino, Rialto, and Fontana are also known for high levels of accidents, as well as rural roads in the county’s mountainous regions.
Another risk factor in the county is distracted driving, which is a growing problem across California and the entire country. This includes texting while driving, using a GPS, or eating while driving. The county is taking steps to address the issue through education and enforcement, but it remains a major contributor to the high number of car accidents in the area.
Our attorneys were born and raised here in San Bernardino County and we are proud to help local injury victims get the legal help they need.
Categories : General
- The Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer for Your Car Crash Claim | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- When to Consult a Car Accident Lawyer: Signs You Need Legal Representation – The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Role of a Car Accident Lawyer in Seeking Compensation for Car Crash Injuries – The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Benefits of Hiring an Injury Attorney for Your Personal Injury Lawsuit – The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- When to Consult an Injury Attorney: Key Indicators of a Valid Personal Injury Claim
- The Role of An Injury Attorney In Personal Injury Cases – The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Benefits of Hiring an Accident Lawyer for Personal Injury Claims – The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- When to Hire an Accident Lawyer: Key Factors To Consider – The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Importance of Understanding the Role of an Accident Lawyer: Advocating for Your Rights – The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Riverside Lawyer Magazine Features Article About Our Firm
- When should you hire a personal injury lawyer after a car crash?
- Is it better to hire a local attorney?
- What if you can’t afford a lawyer for a personal injury case?
- Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer For a Minor Accident?
- How Much Can An Accident Lawyer Charge?