Head-on Collision Leads to Fatality in San Bernardino, CA
San Bernardino, CA (February 22nd, 2021) – On the evening of Sunday, February 21st, a head-on collision in San Bernardino resulted in the tragic death of a 25-year-old man, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The traffic accident occurred at around 7:45 p.m. The driver of a 2013 Jeep Wrangler stopped northbound on Del Rosa Ave. According to the CHP, a 2000 Toyota Camry, heading southbound on Del Rosa was traveling at unknown speeds.
At this time, the driver of the Toyota crossed into the northbound lanes and crashed head-on with the driver of the Wrangler. The CHP log showed that the accident took place in the area of Del Rosa and Eureka Street East. The person driving the Camry sustained major injuries and was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The CHP and San Bernardino Coroner’s office withheld the identity of the deceased individual pending the notification of next of kin. Anyone with additional information regarding the accident is encouraged to contact the California Highway Patrol office.
Head-on car accidents are some of the most frightening types of car accidents a person can experience. According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were 3,651head-on collisions in 2018, and was the second most common type of car accident that year.
Head-on collisions can cause catastrophic injuries and they are also prone to casualties. Even when a person survives a head-on accident, the collision can lead to a lifetime of physical and emotional pain. On top of that, most victims also have to endure the financial hardships that follow these types of accidents. With the severity of their injuries, a majority of victims are often left with costly medical expenses and a loss of employment.
Head-on collisions can occur almost anywhere, but they are particularly common on rural roads that have narrow lanes. They also tend to occur on streets that have poor lighting and without traffic dividers or guardrails. Whether the accident takes place on a rural road, city highway, or a neighborhood street, these dangerous accidents are usually caused as a result of another driver’s negligence.
When a driver makes the conscious decision to drive recklessly, he or she places the lives and safety of those around him or her at risk of serious injury. While there are many forms of reckless driving, the most common negligent actions include driving while distracted, driving while intoxicated, driving while sleep-deprived, and speeding.
Like all other types of car accidents, the State of California permits head-on auto accident victims the opportunity to recover damages from the at-fault party. Also, like all other types of traffic accidents, multiple parties can be considered at-fault for the accident.
Determining liability in a head-on collision can be difficult, and it will require a full investigation. While most accidents happen because of driver negligence, there are also other parties that could be considered responsible for the victim’s damages. For example, if the accident occurred because of a defective road design, a lack of sufficient lighting, or a lack of road signs, the city or government agency responsible for that may be held accountable. Similarly, if the accident occurred because of nearby construction debris or a faulty vehicle design, the responsible parties will be held accountable for their negligence in causing the accident that led to the victim’s damages.
In many ways, the aftermath of a head-on collision can be devastating for a victim. Fortunately, the process of seeking financial compensation from the at-fault party can be made easier with the support of a qualified personal injury attorney. With proficient legal counsel, the victim can focus on his or her healing while the attorney conducts the investigation, collects necessary evidence, and ensures the highest compensation available is obtained from the at-fault party.
If you or someone you love was recently involved in a head-on car accident, it is important to obtain experienced legal representation. For over a decade, Attorney Justin H. King has advocated on behalf of those injured as a consequence of another’s negligent actions. Through hard work and dedication, Attorney King has successfully helped many auto accident victims and their families recover the financial compensation they were owed.
Attorney King understands the seriousness of head-on collisions and he knows the hardships families face following this type of accident. After a car accident, begin working on your case immediately, consider scheduling a free consultation with Attorney King by calling him at (909) 297-5001 or fill out the confidential form here.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland