Avoid Social Media – Personal Injury Lawsuits
While smartphones and access to social media may have made our lives more interconnected and easier in some situations, using them right after a traffic accident is a trap just waiting to be sprung by an insurance company or the other driver involved in the accident. By having quick access to social media through our smartphones technology allows us to share more information than ever before, including information that you would rather not openly broadcast to your legal opponents.
Even the most innocuous and innocent information can potentially be used against you in a lawsuit or used by an insurance company to deny your claim. Once you put information out on the internet, it is out there forever and you never know who may have access to it. Attorneys and investigators used to have to work hard to find information to use against someone in a lawsuit. Now they just use the other person’s social media posts against them.
Ditch Your Social Media Accounts: There are ways to protect yourself when you are involved in a lawsuit. The easiest way to protect yourself is to cut yourself off from your social media profiles but in our digital age, this may be easier said than done. If that is not possible or too difficult, consider these other steps: Do not post about your traffic accident; No one but your lawyer needs to know the details about the traffic accident, especially the opposing side; If you share your version of the events and later make a contradictory statement, it will come back to haunt you; Do not post anything related to your traffic accident, even about any injuries you may have sustained; While it may be nice to reassure your friends and family that you are doing well health wise, you may be inadvertently giving ammunition to your opponent about the severity and extent of your injuries; Do not let your friends and family talk about your accident.
Having your friends and family make statements about your accident on social media can be just as harmful as you posting about your accident. Make it known amongst your friends and family that they should not share any information about your accident; Increase your security settings on your social media profiles. If you are worried that someone may have access to the information you have on your account, make sure that only people you trust can see the information that you have posted and shared; Do not discuss any past injuries that you may have been involved in. Attorneys love to blame previous injuries for causing the injuries that a person claims were caused by the current accident; If you are unsure what information is available about you on the internet, perform a quick search on a search engine like Google of your name and see what comes up. Chances are, this is one of the first steps that the opposing side will be doing.
Contact a Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Attorney For Help
No one wants to accidentally undermine their quest for compensation after a traffic accident. By consulting with an auto accident attorney in Ontario, you can get the necessary guidance to protect yourself. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident in Rancho Cucamonga, greater San Bernardino area, you should contact the attorneys at the Law Offices of Justin King. They can advise you on how to best proceed and protect your interests in your personal injury case. Call today at (909) 297-5001 for a free confidential case evaluation.
Categories : Personal Injury Misc.
- The Importance of Exploring Different Types of Accident Cases and the Lawyers Specializing in Them | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Key Factors for a Successful Accident Claim | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Emotional Toll of Personal Injuries | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Significance of Having Legal Representation When Seeking Compensation for Injuries | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- How Long Do You Have To File a Claim in California After an Accident/Injury
- Super Lawyers Honors Justin H. King as a 2022 Rising Star
- Important Elements Required in Personal Injury Claims: “Breach in Duty” Overview
- Important Elements Required in Personal Injury Claims: “Duty of Care” Overview
- After a bike accident, your priority should be your health
- Important Elements Required in Personal Injury Claims: “Causation” Overview
- Injured in an Accident? Here’s Why You May Want to Hire an Attorney
- Personal Injury Claims in Southern California – A Procedural Overview
- California Rules and Regulations for Sleepy or Drowsy Truck Drivers
- How JUMP Electric Bikes Are Treated in the State of California
- Electric Scooters and the Implications They Have on Personal Injury