Auto Accident in Rancho Cucamonga Leads to Death of Woman
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca (Mar. 03, 2020) – On Sunday morning of March 1st, a Fontana woman lost her life and three other individuals suffered injuries in a traffic accident in Rancho Cucamonga. According to the authorities, the accident occurred as one of the vehicles involved ran a red light.
At around 10:30 a.m. at the intersection of Etiwanda Ave. and Valley Blvd., the California Highway Patrol reports that a 2017 Ford and a 2003 Toyota collided when the Ford driver ran a red light. The Ford was headed northbound on Etiwanda Ave. while the driver of the 2003 Toyota was traveling east on Valley Blvd.
The Ford collided with the right side of the Toyota as it traveled through a green light on Valley Blvd. It is not yet known why the driver of the Ford ran the red light, officials say. A passenger in the Toyota was transported to Kaiser in Fontana, where she was later pronounced dead. She was identified as 75-year-old Mary Ann Price.
The driver of the Toyota along with a passenger in the Ford were transported to the Arrowhead Regional Medical Center – one of the individuals had minor injuries while the other had moderate injuries. According to the CHP, the driver of the Ford suffered minor injuries but was not taken to the hospital for treatment. No person was arrested following the accident.
It may be difficult to understand how only one person perished in the automobile accident while the other injured persons only sustained relatively minor injuries. The unfortunate results, however, are fact based and have been measured in a recent study.
According to a study published in the Injury Epidemiology Journal: Side Impact Motor Vehicle Crashes, the passengers seated in the same side where the vehicle was struck were more likely to suffer serious, or even deadly injuries than other passengers in the vehicle. The study also indicates that passengers who were seated in the rear of a vehicle were more vulnerable to injury than occupants who were seated in the front of the vehicle. This is because vehicle protection is usually focused in the frontal sections of most vehicles.
Other factors that can affect the severity of the collision, and the injuries a person sustains in side-impact collisions include: Whether the vehicle was side-swiped, where the sides of both vehicles collided with one another; Whether the vehicle was T-boned, where the front of one vehicle strikes the side of the other; Whether the passengers were wearing a seatbelt; Whether excessive speeds were involved; The seating position of the passengers inside the vehicle; and The year and model of the vehicle.
A secondary study, Injuries in Near-Sided Collisions published by the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine indicates that the top three regions where a person is most likely to suffer an injury in near-sided impacts is the head and face, chest, and abdomen. These regions are extremely sensitive, where even a small-scale impact can have catastrophic consequences. When a person suffers traumatic brain injury, for example, a small bump to the head can have long-lasting consequences.
Sadly, the three aforementioned reasons pose another threat: when a person is seriously injured in any of these areas, identifying the need for emergency medical treatment can be difficult. Unless a penetrating injury occurred, the severity of an internal injury in any of these three regions may be difficult to determine.
As common as auto accidents are, it is never an easy situation when disaster strikes. Fortunately, when the accident is caused as a result of another’s careless actions, the State of California allows the injured victim to seek compensation from the at-fault party.
Filing a personal injury claim in the aftermath of a car accident can be difficult, especially if serious injuries were sustained. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident that was caused as a result of another’s negligence, discuss your case with a well-versed attorney who can guide you through the complex legal process and advocate on your behalf.
At the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King, helping those who have been injured in serious car accidents is of utmost importance. With many years of dedicated experience, the firm has successfully helped many injured clients obtain the monetary compensation they deserved. Following a car accident, speak to a knowledgeable attorney who will advocate on your behalf and fight for your right to a maximum compensation. Consider contacting the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King today for a free case evaluation.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland