Two People Killed After Vehicle Fails to Stop at Intersection in Fontana, CA
Fontana, CA (August 15th, 2021) – A man and a woman lost their lives when their vehicle failed to stop at an intersection and was subsequently struck by another vehicle in the early morning hours of Sunday, August 15th, according to authorities.
The Fontana Police Department states that the pair were traveling in a Nissan Versa and were heading south on Redwood Ave. Unfortunately, their vehicle went through a stop sign and was hit by a pickup truck traveling west on Slover Ave.
Police indicate that the accident happened shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday morning. Both passengers of the Nissan were killed upon impact.
The San Bernardino County Coroner’s Office has released the identity of one of the victims as being 47-year-old Blanca Espinosa, a resident of Fontana. The male driver of the Nissan has not been named, pending notification of kin.
Investigators indicate that the driver of the pickup, a GMC Sierra, was not harmed in the collision. The driver of the pickup remained at the scene of the accident and has cooperated with the investigation.
The intersection was closed off to traffic for several hours following the accident. Authorities have not indicated whether they believe drugs and/or alcohol played a role in the collision. Anyone with additional information is being asked to contact the Fontana Police Department.
Each year, millions of auto accidents happen across the state. A majority of these accidents will happen due to driver error, such as driving while sleep-deprived, intoxicated, or distracted. Some accidents, however, happen as a result of outside factors, such as poor visibility or mechanical failures. When an accident happens as a result of a third party’s negligence, that party may be held responsible for the damages caused.
Poor visibility is a dangerous hazard for drivers, especially when they are unfamiliar with the road. This hazard can stem from a number of factors, including weather conditions like hail, heavy rain, fog, smoke, or sun glare. A driver’s visibility can also be dramatically impaired when they have trouble adjusting their eyesight from brightly lit areas of the road to areas without any light whatsoever.
Unfortunately, there are many roads across Southern California that lack sufficient street lights. Driving on a dark road can often result in extremely poor visibility and this can lead to a serious motor vehicle accident. Although it is the responsibility of every driver to proceed with caution when entering a dark road, the party responsible for the road’s infrastructure may be held accountable for failing to mitigate the hazardous roadway condition.
Motor vehicles are indisputably complex machines that require strong auto body parts and regular maintenance. Not every vehicle is perfect, but with proper care and maintenance, a vehicle will safely transport passengers to and from their destinations.
Regrettably, many parties are negligent in the construction and maintenance of their vehicles and this leads to many catastrophic motor vehicle accidents. For example, some manufacturing companies try to cut costs by producing cheap vehicle parts that quickly fall apart. Similarly, auto repair shops and mechanics may provide a careless service that can result in an accident.
When the negligence of any of these aforementioned parties causes a traffic accident, they can be held accountable for the victim’s damages, including injury, property damage, emotional distress, and more.
Proving a case for another party’s negligence is complicated. To prove a successful case, injured parties must prove that the accused: a) owed the plaintiff a duty of care; b) failed to provide a reasonable duty of care; c) negligence was a cause of the accident; and d) damages resulted from the accident.
To achieve a successful case, documentation and evidence are vital. To ensure a case is successful, it is imperative to seek the legal support of a skilled personal injury attorney shortly after the accident. In most car accidents, important evidence can be lost within hours of the accident. An experienced attorney will ensure critical evidence is safeguarded, which will then ensure maximum compensation is secured.
For more than a decade, the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King has championed on behalf of injured car accident victims. With passion and dedication, the law firm prevails in achieving full and fair compensation for its clients. If you were recently injured in a car accident in Southern California, consider contacting the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King for support. Schedule a complimentary consultation by calling the firm at (909) 291-5001 or by filling out the online contact form here.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland