Man Fatally Struck By Vehicle in San Bernardino, CA
San Bernardino, CA (July 28th, 2021) – On the night of Tuesday, July 27tth, a 54-year old resident of San Bernardino was fatally struck by a vehicle while walking on Sierra Ave, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The collision happened at around 9:20 p.m. when a male driver of a silver Kia was driving north on Sierra Avenue. Based on reports by the CHP, the driver was traveling at about 35 mph.
The deceased pedestrian has been identified as Ramiro Luis Maldonado. Mr. Maldonado was headed northbound on Sierra Ave. when he was struck by the Kia. The victim was pronounced deceased at the scene by responding medical personnel.
The driver of the silver Kia remained on the scene of the accident for the investigation. No other information about this accident is available at this time. It is unknown what prompted the victim to walk on the road at the time of the accident.
Sadly, fatal pedestrian accidents are on the rise throughout the nation. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2019, over 6,000 pedestrian fatalities were reported across the United States. Anytime a person is near moving vehicles, the risk of serious harm exists.
Pedestrian accidents can happen at any time, but unlike most traffic accidents, these accidents can cause serious injuries because of the size difference between the vehicle and the person. Also, depending on the speed of the vehicle at the time of the collision, these accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries including road rash, loss of limb, brain damage, and permanent disability.
While there are many causes of pedestrian accidents, some of these accidents can be caused by dangerous road designs, such as confusing roads. When the road design confuses the pedestrian or driver, an accident can occur. Confusing roads can include conditions such as dead-ends, sudden turns, or twists.
Another form of dangerous road design is those caused by construction sites. When a new construction appears on a location, this can add to the confusing design of the road. For the most part, roadways are usually uneven. With a construction site, this can make roads even more irregular and unpredictable. With uneven roads, pedestrians can attempt to avoid the dangerous walkways and inadvertently place themselves in greater danger by walking on the street.
Finally, some roads are regrettably designed only with drivers in mind. Many roads in California lack sidewalks, street lights, and crosswalks, thus leaving pedestrians in danger of serious harm. Drivers traveling along roads and do not expect pedestrians to be there, an accidental collision can take place.
If a dangerous road design lead to a pedestrian accident, the government agency responsible for managing the road can sometimes be held accountable. Filing an injury claim against a government entity can be difficult, particularly because the claim has a very strict deadline that has to be observed. If the case is filed after the deadline has passed, the injured victim will be unable to obtain compensation from the agency.
In some cases, construction companies can be held responsible for the dangerous road conditions that led to the accident. Construction companies have a duty to ensure their projects do not place people at risk of harm. When the negligent actions of a construction company lead to an accident that causes unduly harm to a pedestrian, the company can be held responsible for the victim’s damages.
If you or a loved one has been recently injured in a traffic accident caused by a dangerous road condition, it is important that you obtain proficient legal counsel. Poorly designed roads that are built with little accommodation for pedestrians cause or contribute to thousands of pedestrian injuries and fatalities each year. Unfortunately, the problem is only getting worse. Discuss your case with a well-versed attorney to get started on your case as soon as possible.
For more than a decade, the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King has advocated on behalf of those who were seriously hurt or killed in pedestrian accidents. If a person is critically wounded while out for a walk, jog, or run, the injuries can leave him or her with a lifetime of challenges, including permanent disability, loss of employment, and diminishment of quality of life. What is worse, pedestrian accidents usually result in high medical expenses.
With the efficient legal support of the Law Offices of Attorney King, you can rest assured that your case will have a great probability of reaching a favorable outcome. Consider contacting the law firm today to schedule your complimentary consultation. Call or contact the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King online here.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland