Chino Resident Facing DUI Charges Following Pursuit Involving Multiple Car Accidents
Chino, CA (December 6th, 2020) – A Chino resident is facing several charges after leading officers on a highway pursuit earlier this year. The 29-year-old drove in very high speeds and caused four auto accidents with his 1-year-old baby in the backseat. According to responding officers, the toddler was not harmed despite being subjected to multiple collisions.
The driver, identified as Anthony Michael Trejo, was placed under arrest following the police pursuit in the 700 block of Washington Ave. in Pomona. He attempted to flee the scene, taking off on foot following the last collision. Trejo is currently facing charges of child endangerment, driving while under the influence, hit and run, and evading. He is also facing misdemeanor charges for the violation of a straining order and driving while on a suspended license.
According to authorities, Trejo was booked into the city jail.
At around 8 a.m. the Pomona Police Department received a call of a suspected DUI motorist in a Honda minivan in the area of south Pomona. The police were made aware of the child being in the car when the mother contacted authorities for assistance. Responding officers eventually located the driver near County Road and Reservoir Street.
The driver ended up leading the police on a slow-speed chase, but he later increased the speed and proceeded to drive through red lights. This prompted the Pomona police to distance themselves and terminate the highway pursuit because of the child.
The Pomona Police Department then began following Trejo via helicopter. According to a news release from the police department, once the pursuit was suspended, the suspect caused three minor collisions as well as one felony hit and run accident involving bodily harm.
Before being taken to the Pomona City Jail, Trejo was treated by the paramedics for minor injuries. The injuries of the other motorists involved was not disclosed by authorities. The Pomona Police Department is continuing investigations and anyone with information is asked to contact the department.
People who choose to drive while under the influence of alcohol are far more likely to cause traffic accidents than sober motorists. When reckless motorists drive while inebriated, their judgment becomes impaired and their reaction time is slowed. Traffic accidents involving drunk drivers are not only more serious, they usually result in more severe injuries.
According to California-specific data sheet published online by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a total of 9,288 people were fatally injured in traffic accidents involving an alcohol-impaired motorist in the state from 2009 to 2018. The data sheet also reports that the highest at-risk age group for alcohol-impaired driving death rates are those between the ages of 21 to 34-years-old. Furthermore, males are at a higher risk of being fatally injured in alcohol-imapired driving.
When a drunk driving accident occurs, the negligent driver will likely face criminal charges. When the accident involves the injury of a person, however, the negligent driver can also face liability in a civil court. The State of California provides that when a negligent accident causes the injury of a person, the injured victim has the legal right to pursue a personal injury claim against the negligent driver for damages.
Although anyone can file a personal injury claim after an accident, achieving a successful outcome can be challenging. Successful claims based on driving while intoxicated must demonstrate that the driver was actually inebriated at the time of the accident. The claim must also show proof of the injuries sustained. As a consequence, filing a claim will require extensive legal knowledge and a thorough case investigation.
If you or someone you love was injured by a reckless drunk driver, it is critically important to take prompt action and seek the legal assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney. Personal injury claims involving drunk drivers can be difficult to prove and a complete investigation may be required. When an accident occurs, however, important evidence may be difficult to regain when too much time has passed. Discuss your case with a proficient litigator as soon as possible to understand your legal options.
Attorney Justin H. King has dedicated his career to the support of those who have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence. If you have been injured in a car accident involving a drunk driver, you will need the legal guidance of an attorney who has the right skills and experience. Consider contacting Attorney Justin H. King for a free case evaluation. Call (909) 297-5001 or fill out the online contact form today.
- Personal Injury Attorney in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Wreck Victims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- Local Car Accident Lawyer in San Bernardino: Protect Your Rights After an Accident | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer: Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Rancho Cucamonga Accident Attorney: Legal Representation for Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga: The Importance of Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Role of Medical Records in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Navigating the Court System with a Car Accident Lawyer | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Financial Impact of an Accident: How an Accident Lawyer Can Help | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Benefits of a Car Accident Lawyer in Dealing with Insurance Companies | The Law Offices of Justin H. King, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Finding the Right Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer: The Key to Getting the Compensation You Deserve
- Attorney Justin H. King Featured in The Recorder
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Pedestrian is Killed in Accident in Upland