California Truck Accident Hot Spots and Elements to Prove Your Accident Case
Get the results you deserve after a serious truck accident, speak to an experienced attorney today.
Large commercial trucks, such as semis or tractor-trailers, are responsible for hundreds of serious traffic accidents every year. When truck drivers or trucking companies make an error, these negligent blunders usually have drastic consequences for occupants of smaller vehicles. Big, heavy trucks that collide with smaller passenger vehicles can cause severe destruction, and they can lead to catastrophic injuries. Because of this federal regulations have been established to help prevent large commercial truck accidents and improve the safety of the roads. Still, commercial truck drivers and the companies who employ them continue to violate these laws and endanger the lives of those with whom they share the roads.
Financial Compensation is Available After a Negligent Truck Accident
If you or someone you love was seriously injured in a traffic accident involving a large commercial truck, you will need the support and guidance of an experienced truck accident attorney to protect your rights. The commercial trucking industry is enormous, and truck drivers and trucking companies are often equipped with their own team of investigators and attorneys who will fight for them. Consequently, you will need a proficient attorney on your side who will aggressively advocate for your right to fair compensation.
The Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King has many years of dedicated experience representing injured victims of commercial truck accidents. The law firm is well aware of the tactics frequently employed by the defendant; therefore, the firm will work relentlessly to ensure the rights and interests of its clients are preserved. After a commercial truck accident, consider contacting the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King for a complimentary consultation.
Southern California Communities are Hotspots for Truck Accidents
Like many roads and highways across the nation, heavy traffic leads to accidents that result in serious injuries. Aside from heavy traffic, other causes of truck accidents across California include:
Drivers in Southern California tend to be more aggressive. This can lead to a higher likelihood of ignoring road signs, cutting other drivers off, and speeding. Truck drivers are not immune to this type of driving behavior and while it can be dangerous for any driver to operate their vehicle aggressively, truck drivers can put others in immediate danger when driving aggressively. Semi-trucks need far more space to travel safely and when a truck driver is aggressive or engaging in road rage, this can raise the risk of a serious truck accident.
Dangerous Road Conditions
A dangerous road can be caused by many factors, including: Poor lighting, A lack of traffic signs, Poor road designs, or Poor visibility caused by weather conditions.
Truck drivers have a duty to be extra diligent when traveling on a dangerous road. When a trucker fails to use precaution, a catastrophic accident can occur.
Elements Needed to Prove a Truck Accident Case
Commercial truck accidents can be devastating, shocking, and even violent. In many cases, this can make it difficult for a victim to react in a manner that protects his or her rights and interests. To prove a case against the defendant, however, injured victims will need to preserve important evidence to prove the following elements:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the injured party;
- The defendant breached the duty of care;
- The defendant’s reckless actions were the cause of harm to the injured party; and
- The injured party was injured or suffered other losses as a result.
Truck accidents differ greatly when compared to other types of traffic accidents and one of the reasons for this is the number of parties that can be involved. When an accident happens, a vast majority of people will automatically blame the negligent driver, but in a truck accident, there are many other factors that could have caused the accident. This can include the trucking company, the party that manufactured the vehicle, the company that loaded the truck’s cargo, and others. Depending on the party that caused the accident, a variety of evidence will be needed to ensure that the party’s fault is demonstrated in the case.
Evidence Needed in a Case
Aside from witness statements, accident reports, and video or photos taken at the scene of the accident, the following evidence is imperative to obtain:
- The truck driver’s driving record, training file, qualification file, and hours of operation log
- The truck driver’s phone records, including social media activity
- Alcohol or drug test records conducted on the driver at the time of the accident
- Medical records that could indicate the driver has a history of medical issues, such as sleep apnea
- The truck’s inspection records
- A record of past inspections performed on the vehicle
- The vehicle’s weight tickets and loading information, especially if it is suspected that the vehicle was overloaded
- Digital records, including GoPro footage provided by other drivers
Aside from demonstrating what was the cause of the accident, the aforementioned evidence could help identify the at-fault party and whether any regulations were violated.
Obtain the Support of a Trusted Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents are not only dangerous, the case can become extremely complicated and challenging. Pursuing a truck accident claim will require a considerable amount of attention to detail to litigate. If you or someone you love was injured in a large truck accident, pursuing an injury case can be intimidating, and failing to secure important evidence can further complicate the matter. With the support of a knowledgeable attorney, obtaining compensation may be possible.
For more than a decade, the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King has persevered on behalf of those injured as a result of another’s negligent actions. The firm’s legal prowess and proficient skills to thoroughly analyze a case have helped many injured victims identify all parties responsible for their accidents. After a large truck accident, getting started on your case right away can make a positive impact on the outcome of your case. Consider contacting the Law Offices of Attorney Justin H. King today to schedule a complimentary case evaluation.
- The Importance of Legal Representation in Car Accident Claims | The Law Offices of Justin H. King
- The Common Types of Car Accident Cases Handled by Car Accident Lawyers | The Law Offices of Justin H. King | Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- 1 Dead After Collision Involving Large Truck in Fontana, CA
- Causes & Injuries of Large Semi-Truck Accidents in California
- Fiery Accident Caused by Road Rage in Rancho Cucamonga Leads to 1 Injury
- 2 People Killed in Wrong-Way Driving Accident Involving Tesla in Ontario, CA
- Traffic Collision in San Bernardino Leads to Tragic Death
- Accident North of Rancho Cucamonga Leaves Woman Dead, Driver Arrested
- Driver Responsibilities and Liabilities in the State of California
- Traffic Accident in Chino Leaves 1 Dead
- Accident in Ontario Results in 1 Casualty
- Common Types of Truck Accidents and Establishing Fault
- Traffic Collision in Fontana Leads to Major Injury for Pedestrian
- Pomona Resident Killed in Accident on the 210 Freeway in Upland
- Suspected DUI Driver from Upland Involved in Fatal Motorcycle Accident